Our Supported Volunteering Project helps people who want to volunteer but may need extra help to do so. If you think you need extra support or feel unable to start volunteering yourself then we can help.
People we support
You may need extra support because you have:
- physical disability
- mental health needs
- learning disability
- sensory impairment
- lack of confidence
- caring responsibilities
- ex-service personnel
Support we offer
Some of the things we can support you with include:
- deciding what type of activity you would like to do and finding the right opportunity
- completing application forms and contacting organisations on your behalf
- helping you get to your first meeting, interview or volunteering opportunity
- helping you to get adaptations or equipment that might help you volunteer
- learning your role and gaining the confidence to volunteer on your own
- understanding your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer
We provide on going advice and support to all our volunteers so that you enjoy your volunteering role.
If you are over 18 and hoping to volunteer for six months or more please contact the Gateway Volunteer Service for more information.
- Kirklees Council - The Gateway Volunteer Service
- Phone 01484 221000
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org