Get out and about
Famously Huddersfield is the birthplace of Rugby League. Watch the Huddersfield Giants play at the John Smith's Stadium which they share with Premier League Club Huddersfield Town.
For green space close to town, visit Greenhead Park with its play areas, bowling green and boating lake, as well as two cafes, tennis courts and miniature railway. Slightly further out you'll find Beaumont Park and Ravensknowle which are just as charming.
More on outdoors and heritage in Huddersfield:
- Visit Tolson Museum for local history
- Visitors can pay and play at Bradley Park and Outlane golf courses
- Scammonden reservoir circular walk
- Try the Huddersfield Narrow Canal for a gentle towpath stroll.
- Castle Hill and Victoria Tower is worth a visit with its amazing views and gentle walks.
- Search for walking and cycling routes