Outdoors and heritage
A unique landscape
The Colne Valley has many reservoirs which are popular for walking, fishing and activities such as sailing.
The National Trust Marsden Moor Estate provides a beautiful backdrop to the Colne Valley villages. From here you can view the landscape through the unique picture frame at Wessenden Moor.
More on outdoors and heritage in the Colne Valley:
- Day visitors can play golf at Marsden Golf Club
- Riding hacks at West Wyns Riding School
- Take part in a guided walk at the South Pennines Walk and Ride Festival
- Blackmoorfoot Reservoir is popular with birdwatchers and fully wheelchair accessible.
- The Huddersfield Narrow Canal towpath is a nice flat route for families and bikers.
- Pule Rock is a great rock climb area and a popular paragliding and hang-gliding spot.
- Colne Valley Museum is dedicated to our textile history.
- Enter the longest, highest and deepest canal tunnel in Britain at Standedge tunnel visitor centre
- Long distance walking routes in the area are the national pennine cycle route 68 and the Colne valley circular .
- Search for walking and cycling routes