Some changes to weddings, civil partnerships, commemorative events after a funeral, care home visits and out-of-school overnight visits begin on Monday 21 June.
COVID-19 restrictions in Kirklees tells you more about what this means.
In response to COVID-19 the following measures are in place and are being reviewed regularly.
Applying for permission and commenting on applications
If you wish to submit any correspondence, including new planning applications or to make comments on a planning application, we strongly encourage that these are made by online communication or by email. This is because our office is infrequently staffed and postal services are currently disrupted.
There is a temporary fast track deemed consent route under section 74B of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990. This is to enable urgent changes to construction working hours to support safe construction working in line with the government's latest social distancing guidance on construction and other outdoor work.
Apply to modify construction working hours
- Email email@example.com
What applicants need to provide
- Planning permission the application relates to
- Existing agreed construction working hours
- Details to identify the condition or approved document such as construction management plan which details the working hours
- Proposed revised construction working hours
- Date the revised construction working hours should take effect
- Date when the application is sent
- Date when the revised construction working hours should cease to have effect (no later than 30 September 2021).
To aid swift decision making, applicants should also provide
- A short justification for why extended hours are necessary to enable safe working practices on site
- A list of the primary construction activities expected to take place during the extended working hours, including plant and equipment to be used
- A proportionate assessment (where relevant) of the likely impact of noise upon sensitive uses near to the site (for example: dwellings, hospitals and, care homes).
We are currently undertaking the legal statutory publicity requirements, as set out at Table 1 in the Kirklees Development Management Charter.
This means that you should search for planning applications to view any new applications.
Neighbour Notification letters will be sent in accordance with the criteria set out in the Kirklees Development Management Charter. These will be sent by post but, to assist interested parties, the time period to make comments has been extended from 21 days to 35 days.
Site notices and press advertisements publicising applications continue to be undertaken in accordance with statutory requirements.