The Expert Patients Programme is a free course for anyone with a long-term health condition or illness who wishes to learn self management skills for controlling and improving their health. The courses are held locally and are tailored to the needs of the people who attend.
Fill in our simple online form.
Clock Completing this form takes around 20 minutes
Attachment You will need:
- The name, address and telephone number of your GP
After you've applied
Someone will be in contact with you soon.
How the courses will help you
The courses help people to better self manage their health condition and improve their quality of life. The courses run once a week for 2.5 hours for 7 weeks. There is a 15 minute break in each session when refreshments will be available. The courses will help you learn:
- Ways to manage your symptoms and improve how you feel
- Ways to deal with anger, fear, frustration, isolation, fatigue and depression
- Better breathing
- Action planning
- Healthy eating and nutrition
- Basic exercise, how to build your level of fitness, flexibility and strength
- Problem-solving skills in your daily life
- Ways to make informed choices
- How to make plans that work for you
- Working with your health care professionals such as GPs and district nurses
- 01484 221543
"Many thanks for providing such a wonderful, life-enriching course for those of us who are in need."
"Having been on a few courses before I found this course has helped me tremendously, more than any other."
"It has been a great course with great tutors delivering it."
"The course is the best thing I have done by far!"
"This is one of the best things I have done. I feel it's changed how I feel, it's changed how I think about me and my condition."
"Most useful was realising other people were struggling with the same emotional reaction to their condition."
"I found the course life changing!"
"Very useful and long may the course continue!"