COVID-19 Community Response freephone helpline
You can call free to let us know what you need help with, or to tell us how you can help others.
- Phone 0800 4561114 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Where you can get rapid lateral flow test kits
Test kits are on sale in most high street pharmacies. There are also many private test providers:
Who is eligible for free tests
- Patients in hospital, where a PCR test is required for their care.
- People who are at higher risk of getting seriously ill if they become infected. They will be:
- contacted directly and sent lateral flow tests to use if they have symptoms.
- told how to order more tests.
- Care home residents
- Staff in some high-risk settings, including care homes and prisons.
- People being discharged from hospital into care homes, hospices and refuges.
What to do if you test positive
You are advised to try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for five days. This is when you are most infectious.