COVID-19 restrictions in Kirklees tells you more about what this means.
Protect the NHS and your family
Help the NHS, Help you.
Your NHS has introduced a range of measures to ensure your safety when receiving medical care. So make sure you help them, help you by following the COVID-19 guidance. You can help protect the NHS, your family, friends and community by;
- Wearing a face covering: Wearing a face covering
- Wash hands regularly
- Keeping a social distance
- Isolating with symptoms and get a test
- Isolating if you are identified as a close contact.
These simple steps help stop the virus in its track.
In doing everything to prevent yourself and others from catching the virus you are helping to stop a chain of events which could lead to you or a loved one requiring hospital treatment.
Remember every person admitted for COVID-19 adds additional pressure on the NHS this winter.
Don't ignore symptoms - keep your appointments
It's important to remember the NHS is still there for you and if you are worried about any symptoms you or someone you know is experiencing you should contact your GP - especially if those symptoms could be cancer. The NHS are also encouraging;
- Pregnant women to keep appointments and seek advice if they are worried about their baby
- Those who are already being treated for a health issue to keep their routine appointments
- Those experiencing mental health issues to access NHS services and support
Show your support
The first lockdown saw visual support for the NHS every Thursday when the nation came together to clap for all our key workers. We need you to continue showing this support by following the guidelines. You never know when you or your loved ones will need the NHS so to help ensure they can be there for you, help them.
Help the NHS, help you - show them your support and that Kirklees Cares.
- Visit coronavirus prevention and health advice to find out more about how you can stay protected from COVID-19.
- Visit COVID-19 Test and Trace to find out about the symptoms of COVID-19, where and how to book a test and how the tracing process works if you test positive.
- Visit Using the NHS and other health services during coronavirus to find out how you can access and use the NHS and other health services during coronavirus.
- Visit NHS - Every mind matters for practical advice and tips on your mental health and wellbeing.
- Visit NHS - Pregnancy and coronavirus for advice from the NHS about pregnancy during the pandemic.