COVID-19 restrictions in Kirklees tells you more about what this means.
The furlough scheme closed on Thursday 30 September.
Coronavirus financial and other business supportCoronavirus business support Find coronavirus financial support for your business
Since leaving the EU state aid rules have been replaced by new subsidy allowance legislation. This determines how much public funding a business is lawfully able to receive.
This scheme is covered by 3 subsidy allowances:
- Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance - you're allowed up to £335,000 (subject to exchange rates) over any period of 3 years
- COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance - you're allowed up to £1,600,000
- COVID-19 Business Grant Special Allowance - if you have reached your limits under the Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance and COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance, you may be able to access a further allowance of funding under these scheme rules of up to £9,000,000, provided certain conditions are met.
Grants under these 3 allowances can be combined for a potential total allowance of up to £10,935,000 (subject to exchange rates).
Kickstart work placement scheme
Kirklees Council is backing the Government's Kickstart Scheme to create job placements for 16 to 24 year olds who are claiming Universal Credit and are at risk of long-term unemployment. The council is acting as a gateway to support employers who wish to participate.
Other Government advice and support for businesses
Contact the council
- If you have a query about the COVID-19 business grants
- Email email@example.com (if your business appears on the Business Rates rating list (has a rateable value) and you receive a business rates bill)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (if your business does not have a rateable value, or you don't pay business rates to the council)
- For all other enquiries about financial support or for general business advice and support
- Email email@example.com
- If you are struggling to pay your Business Rates or need to tell us about a change
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
More support and guidance
- Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP): Business Support
- Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- National Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)
- Welcome to Yorkshire COVID-19 business resources
- Huddersfield BID
- Supply Chain Leeds City Region
- Calderdale and Kirklees Manufacturing Alliance
- Be the business
- Home working: preparing your organisation and staff
- Phishing attacks: defending your organisation