After you have enquired
We will speak to you within 1 working day and plan to visit you at home within 5 further working days.
How you will be assessed
The assessment will follow this process:
- Initial chat over the phone to find out a little more about you. We'll share more information about fostering for Kirklees too.
- We'll visit you at home to speak with you in more depth about fostering.
- We'll ask you to complete an application to foster.
- We'll undertake statutory checks and ask you to arrange a medical with your GP.
- You'll be allocated a social worker who will undertake your foster carer assessment.
- We'll invite you to attend journey to foster, our pre-approval training. This normally runs over one weekend.
When your assessment is complete
Your assessment will be considered by our fostering panel. You will be invited to attend the panel with the support of your supervising social worker.
Following agreement by the agency decision maker you will become an approved foster carer.