There are plenty of services and projects that are available for people who have a disability.
Disability sport services
There are a number of services that can help people with disabilities keep active, participate in activities and keep safe when they go out.
Projects such as the Inclusive Sports project help people with disabilities to get involved and access sports and leisure across Kirklees.
Inclusive Sports project
This is a project to improve the ways in which people with disabilities access Sport and Leisure across Kirklees
Following on from a comprehensive consultation with disabled people, FDSO has worked with local partners to implement the following recommendations:
- Improve training of staff in sports and leisure centres so that they are more welcoming towards disabled people
- Launch of a directory of appropriate sessions, clubs and venues for people with disabilities
- Funding support to people wishing to access training, to help them deliver sports/ physical activities to disabled people
- Funding support to help clubs set up or to become more inclusive
- Implementation of the Safe Places Scheme across all Kirklees Active Leisure sites
- Re-establishing the use of Board Talk in Sports centres (ongoing)
- 6 new clubs for people with disabilities
- Fiona Hall
- Phone 01924 372382
- Email email@example.com
Cycling is a fantastic way to have fun, gain more independence, improve confidence and enjoy a sense of freedom. Using a range of cycles and adaptations opens up cycling opportunities that are both physically and mentally stimulating for children and adults with disabilities and differing needs.