Does your partner...
- Make you afraid by using looks, actions and gestures like smashing things, destroying property or displaying weapons?
- Act extremely jealous of others who pay attention to you, or use jealousy to justify his/her actions?
- Control your finances, behaviour and even with whom you socialise?
- Threaten to kill you or commit suicide?
- Make all the decisions?
- Stop you from seeing or talking to friends, your family or limits outside involvement with others?
- Act like the abuse is no big deal and that it's your fault?
- Deny that he/she is being abusive or violent?
- Put you down in front of other people, humiliate you or play mind games and makes you feel as if you are going mad?
- Prevent you from getting or keeping a job?
- Take your money?
- Threaten to take away the children?
- Threaten to kill the pets?
- Become quiet when he/she is around and feel afraid of making him/her angry?
- Cancel plans at the last minute?
- Stop seeing your friends and family members and become more and more isolated?
- Find yourself explaining bruises to family or friends?
- Wear clothing to hide physical injury or wear what you're told to wear?
If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions you may be involved in an abusive relationship and it's never ok!
If you believe that you are suffering from domestic abuse
You may want to contact:
- West Yorkshire Police
- Phone 101
- Pennine Domestic Violence Group
- Phone 0800 052 7222 (24 hours)
- National Domestic Violence Helpline (in partnership with Women's Aid and Refuge)
- Phone 0808 2000 247