Our Planning section includes most of the reasons why people contact the council about planning and building regulations.

You can find out if you need permission, find out about and comment on planning applications, apply for planning permission and report development that doesn't follow regulations or have permission.

To get pre-application advice

Pre-application advice is a paid for service. There are 5 levels of comprehensive advice, from householder advice to large scale pre-application agreements.

Get pre-application planning advice

To view or submit planning applications

Computers are available in Huddersfield Customer Service Centre to view plans and research planning information.

To deliver planning applications and other documents
Anything else about planning, conservation, trees or highways

If the information in Planning does not answer your question, please contact us.

We operate a call back system for informal advice. We give general, verbal advice on the planning process and the council's planning policies on sites less than small scale major proposals.

If your query cannot be answered by phone or email an appointment can be made to see a planning officer.

  • Phone 01484 414746
Need help?
Talk to an advisor now