Information relevant to Housing Related Support previously known as Supporting People service provider organisations.

Housing Related Support aims to help vulnerable people to live as independently as possible.

Who we help

We fund housing related support services which have helped many people who:

  • want to avoid losing their home
  • need to go to hospital
  • access other care services

We can also help

  • young adults
  • older people leaving care
  • leaving hospital or prison
  • to make the successful move to independent living.

Support provided

People who use Housing Related Support have been helped to:

  • gain and keep their independence
  • stay out of hospital or come home earlier
  • maximise their income
  • take part in social activities and be part of their community (such as education, work, training)
  • reduce or stop alcohol or drug use
  • stop committing crime
  • setting up and maintaining their home
  • developing domestic and life skills
  • with advice and advocacy in connection with housing or tenancy matters
  • with general counselling and emotional support.

Support for

Housing Related Support helps vulnerable people such as:

  • People with mental health problems
  • Older people with support needs
  • Vulnerable young people
  • Homeless people or those at risk of eviction.

Eligibility criteria

Anyone over the age of 16 who is:

  • Assessed as being in need of housing-related support
  • Entitled to a means-tested benefit such as housing benefit or council tax benefit (for services over 2 years)
  • Belonging to a vulnerable group

Payment and workbook return dates for providers

Contact Housing Related Support

Stay Connected
Sign up to email alerts for staying healthy
Was this information helpful?