Common Assessment Framework (CAF)
Most children will not need a Common Assessment Framework (CAF). A CAF is for children and young people with additional needs. These are children and young people who, according to the judgement of practitioners, require extra support to help them achieve the five Every Child Matters outcomes:
- to be healthy
- to stay safe
- to enjoy and achieve
- to make a positive contribution
- to achieve economic well being.
The CAF provides a common method of assessment across all children's services. It:
- helps in the early identification of needs
- leads to coordinated provision of services
- promotes information sharing to avoid the duplication of assessments
- reduces the need for children and their families to re tell their story to different practitioners.
- Kirklees CAF Team
- 2nd Floor, Somerset Buildings, 10 Church Street, Huddersfield, HD1 1DD
- 01484 456823