About Spen Valley Area Committee
The area committee is made up of the 9 councillors from Cleckheaton, Heckmondwike and Liversedge and Gomersal wards.
This year Spen Valley Area Committee has identified the following priorities for funding and activity :-
• Enhancing life chances for children young people -raising aspiration, facilities, activities, attainment, family support
• Crime and community safety- making Spen Valley safer
• Environment- making the Spen Valley cleaner and more attractive
• Health- improving health in Spen Valley, & health and well being needs of older people
• Highways and public transportation - making the area better connected
• Regeneration – vibrant town and small centres, employment, learning and access to services.
These priorities are reviewed on an annual basis
The area committee meets regularly. Please come along to the meetings or contact us with your views.