Roads and travel:
Parking season tickets - Information
Parking Office - October 2011
About parking season tickets
- You can buy parking season tickets for up to seven days a week in Huddersfield, Dewsbury and Holmfirth.
- You get 20% discount when you buy an annual season ticket and pay for it by Direct Debit.
- Please note that having a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space.
- Kirklees car parks offer a safe environment to park your vehicle.
- Many of our car parks are under CCTV surveillance and have achieved the prestigious Park Mark safer parking award.
Benefits of buying a parking season ticket
- Annual season tickets include a 20% discount for 48 weeks and a free month.
- Quarterly season tickets include a 15% discount for 12 weeks and a free week.
- Paying up front or by direct debit means no queues and no looking for change for the ticket machines each day.
- You can choose the number of days you want each week, from one to seven days.
- If your permit is faded, we'll replace it free of charge.
- We will try to contact you if we find any problems with the security or the condition of your vehicle.
Applying for a season ticket
- All permits remain the property of Kirklees council and are not transferable.
- You must clearly display your permit when you park your vehicle during charging hours. If you don't display your permit you must pay for a
- Applications for permits will usually be processed within 7 days provided you have supplied the necessary information.
- Where additional information or clarification is required then the issue of your permit will be delayed until the correct information is
Where you can get an application form
- Download a form:
- Alternatively, you can obtain a form from Huddersfield Civic Centre reception, Huddersfield, Dewsbury, Cleckheaton and Batley Town Halls, and most
libraries and information centres through out Kirklees.
- It is the season ticket holder's responsibility to check when their season ticket is due to expire and complete an application.
- Applications for season tickets will usually be processed within 7 days.
- If you are making a new request or renewing your permit an application form must be completed and returned
to the Parking Office.
- If your application has been submitted late, you will have to pay for your parking or
make alternative parking arrangements until you receive your permit.
- Do not display notes in your vehicle. You must contact the Parking Office. Failure do comply may result in a penalty charge notice being issued.
- The minimum purchase must be for one year.
- The amount is taken automatically from your chosen bank or building society account each month for 10 months.
- You must complete the Direct Debit mandate form and return the original form or a copy of the form with an original signature to the Parking Office. Scans or photocopies will not be accepted.
- You will receive a Direct Debit confirmation letter and a payment instalment schedule.
- You must give one month's written notice to Kirklees Parking Office if you decide to cancel the Direct Debit agreement and there may be a charge
- Your season ticket will be cancelled if you default on your payments and do not inform the Parking Office. This may result in your vehicle being
issued with a penalty charge notice and recovery action taken, with additional costs.
- Payment can be made by credit or debit card.
- Once your application has been processed a member of staff will contact you for payment details.
- Alternatively a cheque or postal order can be sent with your application.
Cancelling a season ticket
- Any request for cancellation or refund must be made in writing giving one full months notice to the Parking Office and is subject to approval.
- The amount refunded will depend on the type of season ticket purchased.
- Annual season ticket refunds will be based on the lower discounted rate and only for full months.
- Quarterly season ticket refunds will be based only on full months.
If you lose your season ticket
- Request a new season ticket.
- There may be a charge for a replacement season ticket to be issued.
- The current charge is £20.00.