The marker represents the location of the war memorial in Norman Park.
The Inscription on the front facing side reads:
This Monumenthas been erected by public subscription inmemory of the Menfrom the Fartown andBirkby districts whogave their lived fortheir country inthe Great War1914 – 1918 For God and King and homethey gave their all This Memorial was unveiled byGeneral Sir Ian Hamilton G.C.B. G.C.M.G. M.G. D.S.O.on Saturday April 2nd 1921