- Sport Makers are, quite simply, people who make sport happen. Attending this workshop and becoming a Sport Maker will give you the knowledge, information and connections to help you get better at making sport happen!
Some Sport Makers might organise sport informally for themselves and their friends, colleagues or neighbours, for example by:
• Organising a friendly tennis session to help work colleagues get to know each other
• Rounding up half a dozen mates for a regular five-a-side football kick about
• Encouraging five friends to do a local run in the park once a week, celebrating with breakfast afterwards and keeping them motivated.
Other Sport Makers won't take part themselves, but will do all those things that make sport possible, such as:
• Organising a fundraising fun-run for their community with the help of other Sport Makers
• Creating a multi-sport event or festival for the local community with other people
• Welcoming new participants at a local hockey club, helping them play the game and encouraging them to keep coming back.
Please contact West Yorkshire Sport to book a place on the workshop.