Pre-application planning advice
- Speak to an Area Planning Officer to obtain free, general, verbal advice on the planning process and the council's planning policies on sites less than small scale major proposals.
- Enquiries about tree preservation orders and listed buildings are free of charge.
- We may not be able to provide site-specific advice on larger proposals. If you require site specific detailed advice, follow the formal pre-application service.
Request informal advice
- Make an appointment: Planning application contacts
You must make an appointment to meet a planning officer for informal advice.
Formal pre-application service
On payment of a fee we provide a comprehensive pre-application service on three levels:
- Level 1 - Small scale major proposals
- Level 2 - Major proposals
- Level 3 - Pre-application agreements
Request the formal service
The charge depends upon the category of your development.
Supporting information about your application
We need supporting information from you so we can provide you with pre-application advice.
The amount of information we require about your proposal depends on the category of your request.
The more information you can provide, the more detailed advice we will be able to provide for you.
Required in all cases
- Description of the existing use/s and proposed development, including breakdown of existing and proposed floorspace
- 1:1250 site location plan
- 1:500 site plan
Additional material will help the meeting to be more productive
- An initial design assessment (phase one of a Design and Access Statement)
- Photographs and plans describing the site, buildings, topography and landscape features, and its context
- Proposed floor plans (preferably 1:200)
- Proposals for community consultation
- Heritage Impact Assessment
Planning application contacts
To speak to an officer about planning, conservation, trees or highways
We operate an appointments system. To make an appointment please contact Kirklees Direct on 01484 414746 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view or submit planning applications
The planning office is open for viewing planning applications and submission of applications, Monday to Friday 10.00am to 4.00pm.
- Planning applications
- Market Street, PO Box B93, Civic Centre 3, Huddersfield, HD1 2JR
- 01484 414746