Business full menu
Terence Hudson - December 2012
iTex is an award winning, innovative and low cost text messaging solution developed by Kirklees Council for local authorities. It was first developed in
2003 as part of the national project, Project Nomad (external link) .
To date over 15 local authorities have used iTex to achieve benefits from using SMS.
Peter Ryder, Head of Preston City Council's e-Gov department, says: "The adaptability and functionality of iTex mark it as the best such system on the
market today. It is easy to set up and use and the after-sales support from Kirklees Council has been outstanding."
What iTex is
It is available as an off-the-shelf CD installation product, known as iTex Corporate. Alternatively, if you have limited in-house ICT resources
you can try the iTex Lite hosted by Kirklees Council.
- A computer based system that's easy to install, use and manage
- Allows you to send text messages to individuals or specifically selected groups
- Residents or staff can then respond directly to the council by simply texting a given number
|Different packages are available to suit your needs, but to give you some idea of cost:
- One-off £350 setup fee and an annual service charge of £500. With this you can send as many text messages as you like
for just 5.5p per message and there are no line rental charges.
- Is installed locally and costs just £1440 (this includes: installation, testing, technical training, plus 1 day of
post installation support). Please note, that these costs do not include implementation of LGOL, SQL or Windows Servers. Further systems
consultancy & training costs £405 per day, plus travel.
- With iTex Corporate, you pay a line rental charge to our supplier Esendex, negotiated at a rate of £12 per month and 5.5p per message
sent. If you want to use Freetext (i.e. so your customers don't pay for the text they send you) rental costs are £25 per month and you pay 5.5p
for each incoming Freetext message.
- Overview document (PDF 350kb)
Provides an introduction to iTex and describes the different packages in which iTex can be implemented, and the different products that are supplied as
part of the system. This document is relevant for decision making staff in councils interested in implementing an iTex solution.
- Operation (PDF 1.8Mb)
This document) provides initial training and on-going help with the process of operating and administering an iTex solution on a day to day basis. This
document is relevant for council staff responsible for administering and operating iTex.
- Case studies on how local authorities are using iTex (PDF 202kb)
Contact for more information
8 Old Leeds Road,
Huddersfield HD1 1SF
Telephone: 01484 225968
Fax: 01484 221655