Our household waste recycling centres allow residents of Kirklees to bring waste material from their households to be recycled or disposed of.

Waste from businesses and trade work cannot be disposed of at these sites. See Business, trade waste and hazardous waste for information.

What you can't take to recycle

  • Soil, turf, rubble, brick, hard-core, paving slabs, stone or ceramics e.g. tiles

Please note the Council can only take small, manageable amounts of soil, rubble and hard core, only if the waste is bagged, the bag can be no bigger than 25 kilos per bag, up to a maximum of 5 bags. The bags must be strong enough to be able to transport to the vehicle without splitting.

If you have more than 5 bags then you will require a skip, you will need to contact a skip hire company of your choice.

If you would like a quotation for the removal of your bags please call:

  • Phone 01484 414700

Using our household waste recycling centres

You must register your vehicle to use these centres.

You don't need to bring a printed permit with you. As you drive into one of our sites a member of staff will check your vehicle registration number on a tablet computer. As long as you're registered you'll be able to unload your vehicle.

Register your vehicle to use a household waste recycling centre

You can register two vehicles to your home address in Kirklees.

If you have a large vehicle, you will also need to upload an image of page 2 of your V5 vehicle registration document.

Large vehicles include:

  • Vans (not exceeding 3 tonnes)
  • Camper vans (under 2 metres in height)
  • 4x4s with a pick-up

Trailers are allowed. They are limited to 6 feet or 1.83 meters in length, single axle and 12 visits per year.

The following vehicles cannot use our centres: box type vans, vans exceeding 3 tonnes, flat-bed vehicles, pick-ups (excluding 4x4s), minibuses, horse boxes and agricultural vehicles.

Vehicles that can use use Household Waste and Recycling Centres

If you have a hire car or van you will have 7 days to use the site. The 7 day period will commence from the date of the agreement and we will ask for a council tax or utility bill showing the address on the hire agreement. You do not need to register online.

Please read the terms and conditions before you register your vehicle

Register your vehicle to use a household waste recycling centre

  • To register your vehicle you will first need to register for a My Kirklees Account
  • You can register two vehicles for your home in Kirklees

Completing this form takes around 10 minutes

To register your vehicle you will need your vehicle registration number, make and model.

To register a large vehicle you will need your registration number, make, model, page 2 of your V5 and photos of the front and side view of your vehicle.

Register online

After you've applied

You will receive a confirmation email about your registration, you will no longer receive a paper permit.

Cars, estates, people carriers and 4x4s (without pick-ups) will get immediate confirmation and can use our centres straight away.

Registration of large vehicles can take at least three days for our decision.

Digital Kirklees transaction logo
Update or renew your registration to use a household waste recycling centre

Update or renew your registration to use a household waste recycling centre

Let us know if you have changed your address or vehicle and we will update your details.

Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutes

Update your details
Digital Kirklees transaction logo
Book for free disposal of plaster and plasterboard

You must book online before you can dispose of your plaster and plasterboard waste at a household waste recycling centre. Disposal is still free, but must be booked in advance.

Book your plaster and plasterboard free disposal at a household waste recycling centre

Your vehicle must be registered to use our household waste recycling centres.

Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutes

Book online

After you've booked

Only gypsum based plaster can be disposed (not cement based). Hardened plaster or plasterboard is accepted.

The waste must be delivered in bags or full sheets.

You will need to see a member of staff on site to confirm your booking and to show you where you need to deposit your plaster or plasterboard on site.


Household waste recycling centre locations
Address Location on a map
Emerald Street (off Hillhouse Lane)
Map of Emerald Street
Bent Ley Road
Map of Bent Ley Road
Bromley Farm
Upper Cumberworth (off Barnsley Road)
Map of Bromley Farm
Weaving Lane (off Thornhill Road)
WF12 9QR
Map of Weaving Lane
Nab Lane (off Pheasant Drive)
WF17 9LR
Map of Nab Lane

Opening times

Opening times for household waste recycling centres
Day Opening time
  • Summer (BST): 8am to 5pm
  • Winter (GMT): 8am to 4pm
Saturday 8am to 4pm
Sunday 9am to 4pm
Christmas Day Closed
Boxing Day Closed
New Year's Day Closed

What you can take to recycle

  • Batteries (including domestic and car batteries)
  • Beverage cartons
  • Bicycles
  • Cans
  • Cardboard
  • Cooking oil
  • Electrical goods
  • Fridge freezers
  • Garden waste
  • Gas bottles
  • General waste
  • Glass bottles and jars
  • Household chemicals
  • Metal
  • Oil
  • Paint
  • Paper
  • Plaster and plasterboard
  • Plastic bottles
  • Textiles
  • Wood
Need help?
Talk to an advisor now
Stay Connected
Sign up to weekly bin reminder email alerts