If you have bulky waste that you want to get rid of and it can't be re-used you can arrange a bulky waste collection with us.
Alternatively you can:-
Request a bulky household waste collection
- £5 per item up to a maximum of four items per collection
- £20 for white goods (such as a fridge, freezer, cooker, etc) – maximum of one item per order
- Kirklees Passport holders get a 50% discount
- Households receiving assisted bin collections will get two free collections each year
- Real Christmas tree collection - £5 for one item. Collection is available until 31 January 2017
We are unable to collect:
- Asbestos, although there is guidance on how to have it removed.
- Plaster board, but this can be taken to your local recycling centre.
Fill in our simple online form.
You must read the terms and conditions before requesting a collection.
Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutes
Please note we are unable to provide a refund once we have confirmed your order.Order a collection
After you've applied
We will collect the items from the designated area.
We will collect the goods within 15 working days of placing your order.
Terms and conditions
- Must not be waste generated from a business.
- Items must be free standing.
- Items must not contain any hazardous materials.
- Items for collection to be from one property only.
- Items for collection must be presented within the boundary of your property in the location you provided on the online service request form (Please note; collection staff will not enter homes, garden outbuildings, sheds or garages).
- All gates or access points must be unlocked with clear access to the items for collection.
- Ensure that all items for collection are safe (e.g. securely taping up doors and loose wires, etc.)
- Larger items, such as fridges, wardrobes must be emptied and not contain other waste materials or items.
- Collection staff will only take away items on the list from your online service request form and that you have paid for. Any extra items put out will not be taken.
- Collections must be paid for in advance of the Council arranging the collection.
- Items will be collected within 15 working days.
- Collection staff will not take payments on the day.
- Items must be placed outside ready for collection at the time of the order being placed (collection can be from 07.00am the next working day).
- Once a booking has been made and payment taken you will not be able to cancel and no refunds will be offered.
Donate to charity
The quickest and easiest way to get rid of your unwanted items is to donate them. These are some examples of where you can pass your items on to, or arrange a free collection. You could also contact a local charity shop.
- Fusion Housing
The 'Think Smart Recycle' scheme will collect your unwanted household goods and furniture free of charge, and these will be distributed free of charge to many vulnerable new tenants across Kirklees to help them turn a new tenancy into a home.
- Forget me not children's hospice
Find your nearest shop to donate clothes and other unwanted items
- One Good Turn Charity
Online donation form for furniture, clothes and white goods. Can be collected from Huddersfield or Dewsbury areas.
- British Heart Foundation
Free collection service for furniture, electrical items, clothes, shoes, books, DVD, CD's accessories and home-ware.
Ring your local shop on Phone 01484 829430 or donate online once you've found your nearest shop.
- Yorkshire Children's Centre
Yorkshire Children’s Centre will collect any furniture in good condition.
Recycle goods rather than them going to landfill, they have groups in Dewsbury, Huddersfield and Bradford
Network of groups that exchange used goods rather than them going to landfill, they have groups in Dewsbury, Huddersfield and Bradford.