The EHC pilot has been set up to fulfil the new statutory requirements set out in the Care Act 2014.
The main aim will be for the EHC pilot to work in partnership with Education and Health in contributing to the outcomes set within Preparing for Adulthood, this will be achieved by attending the EHC reviews.
To discuss a referral or for general queries please call:
The role of the Community Enablement Team
The Community Enablement Team will support you by:
- attending your EHC review meeting
- contributing to setting outcomes
- providing advice, information and signposting
- attending your review meeting annually if appropriate
To be eligible for the EHC pilot you must:
- not be accessing services from: Childrens Social Care, Specialist Adult Pathway Team or Disabled Children's Team
- have an EHC Plan
- be in year 11 (referrals to be made in year 10)
- Have potential to develop independent living skills in order to prevent, reduce and delay the need for social care support in the future
- Be likely to meet the adult social care criteria in the future.
How to make a referral
At your year 10 review, if you fit the above EHC pilot eligibility criteria, please complete an online referral form below
Clock Completing this form takes around 15 minutes
Paperclip To complete this form you will need; A Daytime Telephone Number and the Professional details of workers involvedMake a Referral
After you've made a referral
The EHC Team will look at each referral, and if suitable, an Enablement Assessment Officer will attend your year 11 review meeting.
When a referral is not suitable, the school will be notified. Signposting, information or advice from Kirklees Local Offer will be provided.
Before you turn 18, if you have a social care need, we will offer you an assessment for adult social care, as well as a carer's assessment for you parents or guardian.
- Needs arise from physical or mental impairment or illness
- As a result of requirement 1, the adult is unable to complete two or more specified outcomes. For example:
- As a Consequence of requirement 2, there is, or is likely to be a significant impact on the adults wellbeing.
Managing nutrition, personal hygiene, accessing the local community, including public transport and recreational facilities, relationships, personal safety and more.
- Community Enablement Team
- Phone 01484 221000
- Email email@example.com