Trails and footpaths
The Holme Valley has quaint, quiet, country lanes that are ideal for cyclists, walkers and horse riders. There are annual Triathlon, Duathlon, cycling challenge and sportive events hosted in the area, and countless routes to follow through dramatic countryside including the Peak District National Park.
Opportunities for different things to do are rife; you can fish, sail, hang-glide, off-road, golf and even welly-wang, and take a guided walking and photography workshop with Made in Holmfirth
More things outdoors in the Holme Valley:
- For easy walking Blackmoorfoot Reservoir is popular with birdwatchers and fully wheelchair accessible and the Meltham Greenway is a flat linear route along a disused railway line.
- Some cycle routes in the area are the Pennine Cycleway , Kirklees Eastern Riding route and the National Cycle Route 627.
- Long distance walking routes in the area are the Kirklees Way , the Holme Valley Riverside Way, Holme Valley Circular and the Trans Pennine Trail
- Explore off-road on a guided mountain bike ride with Albion Cycling
- Watch amazing herding dogs at the Harden Moss Sheepdog Trials
- Celebrate the South Pennine landscape at the South Pennines Walk and Ride Festival
- Search for walking and cycling routes