Allowances available to foster carers, training and development available, support from your social worker and support groups.
Financial support based on child's age
We provide the following weekly payments based on the child's age. This allowance goes towards covering the cost associated with looking after a child or young person, such as household bills, food, clothes, travel, school dinners and pocket money.
In recognition of the level of your fostering skills, you would receive an additional weekly payment. This is based both on your level of experience and what, if any, special needs the child(ren) you look after might have.
|0 - 4||£142.86|
|5 - 10||£162.73|
|11 - 15||£202.58|
Financial support based on level of experience
You will also receive the following additional payments:
- two weeks allowance to cover the cost of holidays, plus one extra week to help towards Christmas or other religious holidays
- a one-off payment for the child or young person's birthday, so that you'd be able to provide them with a gift at no cost to yourself
- £60 per week for each additional child or young person you foster
- a continuous service payment of £10 per week for every year you've fostered for Kirklees Council, up to a maximum of 15 years - up to an extra £150 per week
- mileage covering the statutory needs of the child/ren in placement is paid at 45 pence per mile. Recreational mileage is included within the weekly fostering allowance