PALS is a Kirklees exercise referral scheme where participants take part in group or individual activity programmes for 45 weeks. Participants can also incorporate activity into their daily living.
Referral onto PALS must be by your doctor, practice nurse or other health care specialist.
If they decide with you that your health could benefit from some regular activity, they will refer you to the scheme.
Book a PALS appointment
Contact PALS to book an appointment if you have been referred.Contact PALS
After you've applied
You will be booked onto the scheme at your local leisure facility.
The basic PALS service is free of charge. This includes consultations, reviews, drop-in, information and advice, home-based workouts and walking.
A subsidised charge is payable for some activities, like gym, swimming, exercise classes and sporting opportunities.
The PALS programme
Types of PALS activities
- Home-based activities.
You can also choose from a range of other weekly activities including;
- Swimming, swimming lessons, water based workouts
- Exercise classes e.g. circuits, flex and stretch, chair activity
- Sports activities e.g. badminton, bowling
- Walking, cycling
- Dance classes
- Tai chi
Contact the PALS office
- PALS office
- Address Communities and Leisure Service, First Floor, Kirkgate Buildings, Byram Street, Huddersfield, HD1 1BY
- Phone 01484 234095
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org