PALS is a Kirklees exercise referral scheme which offers support and encouragement to inactive people who want to make a difference to their health and quality of life by becoming more active.
Participants take part in group or individual activity programmes for 45 weeks. They can also incorporate activity into their daily living.
Referral onto PALS must be by a GP, practice nurse or other health care professionals.
If you wish to join PALS discuss this with your GP to decide whether it is an appropriate choice for you.
Criteria for joining
- Over 16 years old
- Resident in Kirklees or registered with Kirklees GP
- At risk of or have a diagnosed health condition that could benefit from physical activity - discuss this with your GP or health professional.
Once you have been referred
You will receive a letter shortly after asking you to contact the PALS office to book an appointment.
What happens on PALS
- Free one to one appointments available at most Kirklees Active Leisure (KAL) centres. Appointments provide support and information to encourage behavior change and lead a more active lifestyle.
- Personalised physical activity plan appropriate to individual requirements.
- Option to take part in activities provided at no cost, such as walking, and homebased activities.
- An opportunity to purchase a KAL Card offering subsidised prices on a range of activities e.g. specialist classes, swimming and gym.
- PALS office
- Address Kirklees Sport and Physical Activity Development Team, First Floor, Kirkgate Buildings, Byram Street, Byram Street, Huddersfield, HD1 1BY
- Phone 01484 234095
- Email email@example.com