Floods are common and can happen quickly but you can be prepared and minimise your risk.
Step 1: Check
Step 2: Alerts
Step 3: Plan
Create your own emergency plan.
You can use our 10 minute Household emergency plan template which has a list of essential items, contact numbers and emergency checklists.
You can also fill in our emergency Flooding checklist.
Step 4: Protect
Protect your home or business.
If you are at risk from flooding there is flood protection equipment you can fit. This can include:
- Hydrosacks or hydrosnakes - a modern alternative to sandbags
- Toilet seals - to stop sewage
- Airbrick covers - to prevent water entering the building
- Door and gate barriers - to hold back flood water from the house
- Submersible water pumps - to help remove water
Bluepages is the UK's leading independent flood directory. It's a list of flood products and services put together to advise and inform you of the range of products available to help reduce the risk of flooding to your home or business.