The Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme, known as Clare's Law, gives members of the public a formal mechanism to make enquiries to Police if they are concerned that the partner of a member of their family or a friend may pose a risk to that individual.

The scheme increases public safety giving victims the chance to make an informed decision early on in the relationship, before it's too late.

Who can make the enquiry

The information under this scheme can be requested by a potential victim or a third party, providing the purpose is to protect an individual from domestic violence.

  • You can make a request about your partner
  • Parents, friends or neighbours can also make a request if there are concerns about domestic violence

How to make an application

Contact the police.

  • Visit a police station
  • Phone the non-emergency number on 101
  • Speak to a member of the police