Emergency text message alerts for town centre businesses in Huddersfield and Dewsbury.
The Kirklees Emergency Planning Team operate this SMS (text message) emergency alert system. This enables management level staff of town centre businesses (based in Huddersfield and Dewsbury) to sign up to receive a free text message at the time of an emergency to warn them of the emergency and inform them of the action to take.
Who can sign up
A maximum of four individuals from each business can sign up to Kirklees Emergency Alert.
We recommend that managers have the authority and ability to make organisational decisions and cascade information to others in the business.
Sign up for emergency text alerts
- Business location (Dewsbury or Huddersfield)
- Full name
- Business name
Emergencies may include
- utility disruptions
- situations which require a business to evacuate or lock down.
About the Emergency Alert pilot
Kirklees Emergency Alert is an additional service to the normal ways that Kirklees Council shares information in an emergency:
It is being piloted with businesses within Huddersfield and Dewsbury town centres until October 2019.
Following the pilot the system will be rolled out other areas within the Kirklees district.
Terms and conditions
- Texts cost one standard network rate message to sign up and to opt-out. All other text messages received once signed up are free of charge.
- You can opt out of this service at any time by sending the word "Stop" to 07860 098 105.
- A maximum of four individuals from each business can sign up to Kirklees Emergency Alert.
- By signing up to the text service you agree that your personal information can be securely stored and processed by Voodoo SMS.
- For more information on why we collect your data, how it will be stored and how it will be processed please refer to the Kirklees Emergency Planning privacy notice and Voodoo SMS General Data Protection page .
- Emergency Planning
- Phone 01484 221000
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org