If you feel that no action has been taken about anti-social behaviour you may be able to make a community trigger report.
When you can't make a community trigger report
If you have an ongoing complaint that is being dealt with, your case is not appropriate for the community trigger.
If you are making a complaint about an organisation, please use the organisation's own complaints procedures or report the matter to the ombudsman or Independent Police Complaints Commission.
When you can make a community trigger report
If you have complained three times in the last six months about separate incidents and no action has been taken;
or five people in the local community have complained separately in the last six months about similar incidents and no action has been taken;
or you have complained in the last six months about a hate crime incident and no action has been taken.
How to make a community trigger report
Fill in our online form
Clock Completing this form takes around 10 minutes
Paperclip You need to provide details of:
- each time you have complained
- who you have complained to (name, organisation and/or Incident Reference Number if you have one)
- the anti-social behaviour
After you've made your report
- We will assess your application to ensure that the threshold has been met
- If it has, we will ask the agencies involved to provide details of your complaints and the actions that they have considered and taken
- A meeting will then take place between the appropriate agencies which may include Kirklees Council, Kirklees Anti-Social Behaviour Partnership, West Yorkshire Police or a registered housing provider (social landlord) and other partners (if they are involved) to discuss the anti-social behaviour and what actions have been considered and taken
- The group will review how the partnership has responded and make recommendations on how the problem can be resolved
- A response will be sent to you detailing the outcome of this meeting. You will be informed of actions already taken and what will happen in the future.