Safeguarding “ Everyone's Business”- to protect adults at risk from abuse and neglect.
Sessions are 2 and half hours
The session is free for carers in Kirklees
This session benefits all carers, whether living with the person they care for or not, or if the person they care for is in supported living. It explores the different forms of safeguarding and how you can support the person you care for to live a fuller life, as well as how and when safeguarding concerns should be reported. It will cover:
- The different forms of abuse and neglect
- Why safeguarding includes supporting the person you care for to access health and social services
- Individual well-being
- Identifying where abuse or neglect can occur
- How safeguarding concerns can be reported
Dewsbury Town Hall 2017 dates
Huddersfield Town Hall 2017 dates
- Tuesday 28th March, 1pm until 3pm
- Thursday 12th October, 10am until 12pm
Arranging support for the person you care for
If you can't leave the person you care for alone during the course, we can provide support.
Book onto a course / request further information
Fill in our simple online form.
Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutesApply online
After you've applied
You will receive a confirmation of your place on the course and any further information requested.