Presented in an informal group setting of up to 15 carers the course consists of 7 weekly sessions which last approximately 2.5 hours and run throughout the year across Kirklees. On completion of the course you are able to attend a monthly support group.
The course is free for carers in Kirklees
The course helps carers to look after their own physical and emotional needs and wellbeing and aims to help them to take more control of their situation and make a difference to their life.
The course covers topics inlcuding:-
- relaxation techniques
- managing day to day life with action plans
- preventing falls
- cognitive techniques
- coping with difficult emotions
- managing depression
- problem solving
- healthy eating
- fitness and exercise
- communication skills
- better breathing
- working with your healthcare professional
Course dates and locations
Huddersfield Town Hall 2017 dates
- Every Friday from 14th July until 25th August, 10am to 12.30pm
- Every Tuesday from 26th September until 7th November, 1pm to 3.30pm
- Every Thursday from 2nd November until 14th December, 10am to 12.30pm
Dewsbury Town Hall 2017 dates
- Every Wednesday from 13th September until 25th October, 1pm to 3.30pm
Arranging support for the person you care for
If you can't leave the person you care for alone during the course, we can provide support.
Book onto a course / request further information
Fill in our simple online form.
Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutesApply online
After you've applied
You will receive a confirmation of your place on the course and any further information requested.