Extra Care Housing is currently delivered within Extra Care Housing Schemes. These are a group of self-contained flats to rent designed to maintain the independence of older people (usually 50+) who have care and support needs.
To be eligible for Extra Care Housing you:
- must have eligible care needs under the Care Act 2014 as identified by the Council following a Care needs assessment and;
- must have a housing need as determined by the Council's housing allocations policy - this includes:
- The need to move out of residential accommodation due to closure or change in registration
- Prevention of a crisis and their current situation breaking down
- Part of planned pathway step approach that will lead to better outcomes for the individual and a potentially cost effective solution for the Council
- Safeguarding considerations
- Improving mental health and wellbeing including social isolation
Applying for an Extra Care tenancy
Anyone who feels an Extra Care flat would suit their needs or knows of someone who would benefit from living in an Extra Care Housing Scheme should contact Gateway to Care and register their interest.
Register your interest
Fill in our simple online form.
Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutes.
PaperclipTo complete this form you will need an email address.Contact us
Other ways to register your interest
You can do this over the phone
- Phone 01484 414933 (24 hours a day 7 days a week)
After you've contacted us
An extra care housing officer will contact you about your enquiry.