What is Maternity Mouthpiece?
A local network that connects everyone with an interest in Maternity Services, from individuals and families who use the services, right through to senior service managers. It covers communities in and around North Kirklees and anyone who might use Dewsbury hospital for maternity services.
Maternity Mouthpiece has representatives from:
- Mid Yorks Maternity Services including Supervisor of Midwives and Head of Midwifery
- Kirklees Council Public Health Directorate and other services
- Family Nurse Partnership
- Maternity service users
- Huddersfield University
- Health Visiting
- Auntie Pam’s peer supporters
- Drug and Alcohol Services
- Voluntary and Community Sector
- Children’s Centres
- Yorkshire and Humber Commissioning Support Unit
- North Kirklees Clinical Commissioning Group
- Infant Feeding Coordinators
At each meeting a Service member ‘showcases’ their service and a guest speaker is invited to cover topics that are decided by the MSLC. These have included Genetics Awareness, Child Sexual Exploitation, Perinatal Mental Health and Safeguarding Children and Adults.
The service user representatives that attend Maternity Mouthpiece have also attended the Mid Yorks Labour Ward Forum and been involved with maternity research projects through Huddersfield University.
Service user representatives have also been a key voice in the development and design of the Dewsbury Hospital Midwife Led Unit which is due to open in April 2016.
For information about how to join Maternity Mouthpiece please contact;
Lisa Akester on;