Search for apprentice vacanciesSearch for a job
Most of our apprenticeships are advertised in April each year however we may offer opportunities at other times during the year as needed. These are some of the examples on the type of roles we offer:
- Construction (Electrical, Domestic and Commercial Heating, General Trades)
- Business Administration across the council and in local schools
- Customer Service
- Education Teaching Assistance
- ICT Audio and Media Technician in School
- School Caretaking
- Highway Maintenance
- Warehousing and Storage
- Vehicle Maintenance
If you would like to express an interest in applying for one of our apprenticeship roles you can do so using the link above 'Search for apprentice vacancies'.
Managers who have been apprentices
Former apprentice Joanne Bartholomew is Assistant Director for Physical Resources and shares her experience of being an apprentice.
Mark Freeth is Head of Building Services was once an apprentice with the council. He talks about becoming an apprentice, and the impact on his career.
Our apprentice programme
- We take on average 25 apprentices a year
- Opportunities usually available in construction, horticulture, catering, highway maintenance, business administration, customer service and supporting teaching
- Our apprenticeships have received a number of national awards: National Apprentice of the Year from the Association for Public Service Excellence (APSE) and Direct Works Forum Annual Apprenticeship Award.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask for Barbara Shakespeare Phone 01484 221000